Monday, November 27, 2023

My IVF Journey 1: Ups and Downs

Hello there,

Becoming a mom has happy moments and tough times. My journey started when I chose to do IVF. Little did I know that this journey would not only make me happy about being pregnant but also make me face new challenges, checking how strong and determined I could be.

Since trying to conceive through IVF, I noticed significant changes in my body.. I gained weight, and losing those extra pounds felt really hard. The hormone injections made me super hungry all the time, and it was tough not to give in to eating too much... 

As time passed, my body changed a lot, making me doubt myself and feel less confident. But my love for my husband and the dream of having a child motivated me strongly. Even with all the tough physical and emotional challenges, I was ready to face everything for the sake of creating this precious life together.

The exciting news came at last—I was pregnant. The joy was mixed with the understanding that my body had gained a lot of weight during this time. Things got more complicated when gestational diabetes (GDM)became part of the picture, adding an extra challenge to my pregnancy.

The weight, I must say, was quite alarming.. HAHHAHAH . During a visit to the doctor, I got a serious warning. The doctor firmly told me that I had to focus on my health. At first, I was stubborn and didn't pay much attention because hunger was always with me…But everything changed when the doctor stressed how it could affect the child I was carrying. That made me wake up and think about my choices. Allah.. I was scared to death… I decided to stick to a strict diet and lifestyle, determined to make sure both me and my unborn child were healthy.

In the following weeks, something amazing happened. Despite the difficulties, I was able to lose 5 kilos during my pregnancy. People were surprised; nurses checking my weight couldn't believe that instead of gaining weight like most pregnant women, I was actually getting thinner.

Allah... these are some memories of when I carried my Anak Syurgaku, Khadeeja. Sweet memories, even though it was difficult for me at that time. The happiness of those moments is much greater than the challenges I went through. Terima Kasih Allah kerana pernah meminjamkan Khadeeja buatku dan suamiku.

Until Next Time,

'Ain


1 comment:

  1. Doa saya untuk khadeeja ❤️. Insyaallah dia jadi penjemput kedua orangtuanya di surga. Keep writing kakaaak. Terkadang melalui tulisan kita bisa melewati apapun, yg terberat atau sedih sekalipun. 🤗

    ReplyDelete

Every Journey Is Unique

 There is someone who says, 'Being pregnant at this age (in my 40s) is exhausting,' and I ask, 'Is it true?' She responds, &...