Friday, November 17, 2023

Younger Generation: Semakin tak bertamadun?

Hello there,

I'd like to share my thoughts on the younger generation today. I must admit, I am genuinely find them quite impressive. Their self-presentation is empowering, especially in the corporate world. They excel in communication and presentation skills, and their language proficiency is truly praiseworthy. However, I've noticed a lack of empathy and manners at times. It's crucial, nonetheless, to show respect to elders in the workplace, as some lessons come from experience, not just academics.

It's sometimes disheartening to witness potential gaps in the current generation. Could it be that the higher their academic achievements, the lower their morals and manners? Shouldn't these aspects progress hand in hand?

Reflecting on my own learning days, I recall the "Tamadun Islam", where a society becomes civilized through the harmonious blend of good manners and knowledge, not knowledge alone. Indeed, is it appropriate for me to express concern about the potential decline of civilization with the current generation?

I recognize that some may see me as old-fashioned, voicing outdated sentiments. You might believe that manners are irrelevant. Not to mention bangsa dan agama lain…Still, I'm confident that all religions teach goodness. For the younger generation following Islam, it's crucial to remember that MANNERS are still emphasized in Islam.

Until Next Time,
'Ain

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banyaaak sangat Skr ini anak2' yg tak tahu manners. Baru2 ini saya hadir di rumah uncle yang sedang adakan family gathering. Jadi banyak ketemu dengan saudara lain dan anak2' mereka.

    Salah satunya saya cukup shock, Krn berani sangat bilang untuk aunty saya 'ugly and fat' langsung dihadapan aunty😭.

    Kadang saya bingung, apa yg diajarkan orangtuanya, sampai anak mereka tak sopan macam itu?? Saya tipe conservatif. Lebih baik anak2 saya tertinggal dlm akademis, daripada mereka tak punya etika sopan santun .

    ReplyDelete

Every Journey Is Unique

 There is someone who says, 'Being pregnant at this age (in my 40s) is exhausting,' and I ask, 'Is it true?' She responds, &...