Sunday, February 5, 2012

'Oldest marathon runner' competes in Hong Kong

When I joined the Standard Chartered Marathon and Energizer Night Run, I did 10km for both marathons and I felt it was a challenge for me. Personally I needed to train my stamina for the run. I salute this century old man for his feat to complete the run!
A 100-year-old British Indian man who claims to be the world's oldest marathoner was all smiles after completing a 10km run at the Hong Kong marathon on Sunday.

Born in 1911 and affectionately nicknamed the Turbaned Torpedo, Fauja Singh finished the race in just over one hour and 34 minutes, organisers told AFP, raising HK$200,000 (S$32,000) for the charity Seeing Is Believing.

'The weather was very pleasant, I enjoyed the race very much,' he was quoted by local media as saying, as he crossed the finishing line, arms in the air.

The centenarian attributed his physical fitness to his healthy lifestyle, including abstaining from smoking and alcohol and to following a vegetarian diet, according to local reports.


News Souce: straitstimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Journey Is Unique

 There is someone who says, 'Being pregnant at this age (in my 40s) is exhausting,' and I ask, 'Is it true?' She responds, &...