Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A woman street performer found to be a fraud

A Chinese woman passing herself off as a student struggling to pay her tuition has been discovered to be a fraud. The woman has been working as a street performer, earning money from passers-by in Qingdao, Shandong province by telling people she cannot afford her tuition.

The woman earns around 10,000 yuan (US$1,600) a month. A woman told Xinhua she gave the girl money out of sympathy but was later told by a street vendor that the woman was a panhandler.

An undercover reporter found the girl singing on the street with a sign that read "I am performing in order to raise money for my college tuition. Please help me make my dream come true. Thank you." Passers-by can request songs after putting money in a box. The reporter observed she earned 150 yuan (US$23.70) within half an hour.

When the reporter asked the girl which college she attends, she reportedly became nervous and did not answer.


News Source: www.wantchinatimes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every Journey Is Unique

 There is someone who says, 'Being pregnant at this age (in my 40s) is exhausting,' and I ask, 'Is it true?' She responds, &...